Due to the flood warnings on Wednesday the 21st March the 1st Round of the Tony Tamplin Shield has been rescheduled to after the last round on the 10th of October. As such the handicap freeze will be put back a week until 26th September. To see where you are playing this week the 28th of March refer to the draw here.
||Wangi Worker’s Club
||Kahibah Sports Kings
||Mayfield Bowling No.2
||Toronto Worker’s No.2
||Tennis Club Aces
||Belmont Sailing No.1
||Cessnock Comets No.2
||Cessnock Comets No.1
||Toronto Worker’s No.1
||Kahibah Sports Cannons
||Mayfield Bowling No.1
||Belmont Sailing No.2
||Nelson Bay Community
Due to an apparent easing in the rain today the Rex Smith Over 50s competition will go ahead as planned. Please drive safely in the wet.
Due to severe thunderstorms and flooding warnings from the BoM tonights matches are being cancelled. Safety of players is paramount and we don’t want anyone coming to misadventure. A decision will be made down the track as what will happen with tonights matches. Apologies for the late notice.
The 2018 Tony Tamplin Shield starts on the 21st of March. There has been some minor changes this season. See below for full details. Draw can be found here.
– Each game is the best of three frames (third frame not required if a player wins 2-0)
– One point awarded per frame won
– Two bonus points for team that wins on the night (maximum 12 points can be won on any night)
– Winner on the night is determined by game wins not frame points ( eg: Team A wins the first three
games 2-1. Team A is on 6 points Team B is on 3 points. Team B wins the last two games 2-0 which
makes the frame score Team A 6 points Team B 7 points. Team A has won the night three games to
two and gets the two bonus points. Final score Team A 8 points Team B 7 points.
– Zero points for the BYE
– Top 8 qualify for finals (NRL style format)
– No playoff matches if teams are tied at the end of the season.
– Ladder positions will be determined by
1. Total Points (For)
2. Total Wins
3. Total Points conceded (Against)
4. Countback to the winner of the last match played against each other
– No games will take place on Anzac Day (25 th April), State of Origin 1 (6 th June) and State of Origin 3
(11 th July). Note: State of Origin 2 is on a Sunday night.
– The total prize money is $2000.
– Winner $600 / Runner up $400 / Semi-Finalists $300 each / 5th & 6th $200 each
Handicaps / Game Qualification
– Handicaps are frozen for the last three rounds of the competition
– A minimum of three matches must be played prior to the freeze by any player to qualify for finals
– A player may fill in for another team up to 4 times. On the fifth occasion they will be regarded as
– The home team is to mark all games where possible
– No cigarette breaks during a game (best of 3)
– For any questions or concerns regarding the competition please contact:
Chris Mungoven 0408 674 140 or Annette Clifford 0403 946 732
The 2018 Elwyn Jones Billiard Shield Starts Monday the 19th March. There are 4 teams in this seasons competition which will run for 5 rounds. Only top 2 teams into finals. Draw can be found here. Good luck to all teams!
Congratulations to the Mayfield Bowling Club No.1 team defeating Minor Premiers, the Cessnock Comets to win the 2017/18 Summer 6-Red Competition. Mayfield turned around the defeat by the Comets in the semi-final to take the trophy. Mayfield’s Michael North also took out the season high break of 40. Thanks to Bill Shoesmith, Ian Callaghan and Grant Schubert for refereeing the final and Wangi Workers Club for letting us use their fine snooker facilities.