The Mingara Snooker & Billiards Club & Greater Western Snooker Circuit are excited to announce the 16th Annual Double Trouble Tournament. This event is always well represented by the Hunter Region and hopefully a Hunter team will again lift the trophy. This handicap tournament features $3,000 in prize money with winners splitting $1,000. The tournament is held at the iconic Mingara Snooker Room. Grab a doubles partner and enter. Dates are 2nd & 3rd Feb – entries close on the 30th Jan. Click here for more info.
Congratulations to the Morisset Country Club who defeated the Minor Premiers, the Kahibah Sports Panthers in the Grand Final. This is Morisset’s first season the Competition and we look forward to them defending their shield in 2019. Thanks to Neil Pratt and Ian Callaghan for being there to officiate on behalf of the Committee and their fine stewardship throughout the year. Also thanks to those who also assisted with the refereeing and the Belmont 16′ Sailing Club for hosting the Grand Final.
Thursday the 6th Dec will see the Minor Premiers, the Kahibah Panthers, play newcomers, Morisset Country Club, in the 2018 Rex Smith Over 50s Grand Final. Belmont 16′ Sailing Club will be the host with a 1pm kick-off. Good luck to both teams and, as always, spectators encouraged.
Congratulations to Morisset Country Club for making it through to the Grand Final at their very first season in the league. This week in the preliminary final Kahibah Sports Panthers will play Mayfield Bowling Club to see who will face Morisset the week after in the Grand Final. Good luck to both teams.
Kahibah Sports Panthers vs Mayfield Bowling Club 1pm at Wangi Worker Club 29th Nov
Congratulations to the Kahibah Sports Panthers for winning the Minor Premiership in the Rex Smith Over-50s Shield. Kahibah will play Morisset Country Club in the Major Semi-Final and Belmont 16′ Sailing Club will play Mayfield Bowling Club in the Minor Semi-Final.
Kahibah Sports Panthers vs Morisset Country Club at Belmont 16′ Sailing Club 1pm Thursday 22nd November
Belmont 16′ Sailing Club No.1 vs Mayfield Bowling Club at Kahibah Sports Club 1pm Thursday 22nd November
Good luck to all teams
This year during the summer the NDBSA is continuing its tradition of trying something a little different.
2018-19 Two-Up Competition
– Players are ranked according to their handicap and their opponents are chosen from the opposing team by their corresponding rank (5 man teams)
- Each game consists of two continuous frames (15 red) with the first frame played until completion (the final black is potted or a foul is committed on the final black)
Points accumulated in the first frame remain on the scoreboard and the second frame points are added to these scores.
Tony Tamplin Shield handicaps are to be used and doubled at the start of the game. Example: John Smith is a -12 handicap and he is playing Wayne Brown a +4 handicap. With handicaps doubled John is -24 and Wayne is +8. Wayne will get 32 start for the 2 continuous frames. Please note max handicap difference for game is 80pts (40pts per frame)
The Mercy rule applies in the last frame
– Each game is a continuous 2 frames and one point is awarded to the winner
- 1 bonus point is awarded to the team that wins on the night
A maximum 6 points can be won on the night
– Handicaps are to remain frozen for this competition
- With limited time there are no finals to be played. Leader on the competition ladder will have bragging rights as the Two-Up champion. Tied points at end will be determined by
Total Points (For)
Total Points conceded (Against)
Countback to the winner of the last match played against each other
- No prizemoney has been allocated to this competition.
– For any questions or concerns regarding the competition please contact:
Chris Mungoven 0408 674 140 or Annette Clifford 0403 946 732