This year during the summer the NDBSA is continuing its tradition of trying something a little different.
2018-19 Two-Up Competition
– Players are ranked according to their handicap and their opponents are chosen from the opposing team by their corresponding rank (5 man teams)
- Each game consists of two continuous frames (15 red) with the first frame played until completion (the final black is potted or a foul is committed on the final black)
Points accumulated in the first frame remain on the scoreboard and the second frame points are added to these scores.
Tony Tamplin Shield handicaps are to be used and doubled at the start of the game. Example: John Smith is a -12 handicap and he is playing Wayne Brown a +4 handicap. With handicaps doubled John is -24 and Wayne is +8. Wayne will get 32 start for the 2 continuous frames. Please note max handicap difference for game is 80pts (40pts per frame)
The Mercy rule applies in the last frame
– Each game is a continuous 2 frames and one point is awarded to the winner
- 1 bonus point is awarded to the team that wins on the night
A maximum 6 points can be won on the night
– Handicaps are to remain frozen for this competition
- With limited time there are no finals to be played. Leader on the competition ladder will have bragging rights as the Two-Up champion. Tied points at end will be determined by
Total Points (For)
Total Points conceded (Against)
Countback to the winner of the last match played against each other
- No prizemoney has been allocated to this competition.
– For any questions or concerns regarding the competition please contact:
Chris Mungoven 0408 674 140 or Annette Clifford 0403 946 732